Transferring from Another Program

A degree-seeking student planning to transfer from one degree program to another should discuss the matter with academic advisers in both programs.

A student seeking to change majors within the same academic unit may submit an eForm for Graduate Degree Works request, which seeks approval by the academic adviser, academic unit head, and the Office of Academic Affairs. However, a student admitted to a co-terminal program must seek a new admission, for any change of degree combination, whether for a predefined paired co-terminal program or for an unpaired co-terminal program selection (see the paragraph below for admission application details).

A student seeking admission to a different academic unit's program is required to submit an application for admission to the desired degree program and academic unit/department online at the Graduate Admission website ( The student will be notified once the decision is made by the Office of Graduate Admission.